The Photo in the Corner
yes, that's me in the pic. That was taken this past September in Bar Harbor, at the top of Cadillac Mountain. No, I did not hike up Cadillac Mountain--are you nuts or something??
I was having some depth perception problems on that trip, and I'd fallen a couple of times on hikes. My depth perception's been slowly getting worse, now that I'm on the road to Bifocal-land, and I'm beginning to be a bit more spazzy than I used to be. More often, like Pee-Wee Herman falling off his bike, I'm saying "I meant to do that," when I really didn't.
But I feel like I have to save face someplace.
Yet rather than going the bifocal route, I'm thinking of just using the contact lens/reading glasses combination. I used to know someone who put reading glasses over his regular glasses, but that's going a little too far on the eccentric side.
Heck, I still can't think of putting a chain on my reading glasses--that's still too "old lady" for me. I like that my reading glasses are girly pink, that I can smartly perch them on the end of my chubby little nose, and sweetly gaze over them at cute waiters in restaurants or interesting looking men in bookstores.
yeah, it never gets me anywhere, but it's fun.
I'm not sure how long that pic's going to be up. I'm in the process of trying to convince Steady Eddie to take a new closeup pic of me for SXSW. Another week of subtle and not-so-subtle reminders should get him to do it.
In the meantime, yes, that's me.
I was having some depth perception problems on that trip, and I'd fallen a couple of times on hikes. My depth perception's been slowly getting worse, now that I'm on the road to Bifocal-land, and I'm beginning to be a bit more spazzy than I used to be. More often, like Pee-Wee Herman falling off his bike, I'm saying "I meant to do that," when I really didn't.
But I feel like I have to save face someplace.
Yet rather than going the bifocal route, I'm thinking of just using the contact lens/reading glasses combination. I used to know someone who put reading glasses over his regular glasses, but that's going a little too far on the eccentric side.
Heck, I still can't think of putting a chain on my reading glasses--that's still too "old lady" for me. I like that my reading glasses are girly pink, that I can smartly perch them on the end of my chubby little nose, and sweetly gaze over them at cute waiters in restaurants or interesting looking men in bookstores.
yeah, it never gets me anywhere, but it's fun.
I'm not sure how long that pic's going to be up. I'm in the process of trying to convince Steady Eddie to take a new closeup pic of me for SXSW. Another week of subtle and not-so-subtle reminders should get him to do it.
In the meantime, yes, that's me.





3 Comments:
Nice pic! Wish it was a little bit bigger so we could see your smiling face, though. :)
I've worn bifocals since I was 35. I did the contacts/reading glasses thing for awhile, but my bad "near" vision stretched out too far for that to work after awhile.
I didn't like the no-line bifocals at all, even though they look better. I had trouble focusing in the middle of them. So now I've got lines and see pretty well.
E & T...I'm going to see what the eye dr. suggests when I go next. If I need bifocals, then so be it, and I'll deal. But I'll still keep contacts and reading glasses for those times when my vanity will get the best of me.
Post a Comment
<< Home